To be market leaders for products and services for our customers; to provide safe, secure, clean, and well-maintained properties; and strive to have a high level of customer service & customer satisfaction second to none, which will, in turn, produce well satisfied, repeat and referral customers.
In 1994, Cubby Hole Texas 1 (Longview, TX) first opened the doors of its’ 500+ unit state-of-the-art self-storage facility under the ownership and management of Jerry Hendrix. The facility was expanded 3 times in 3 years and eventually sold in early 1998.
That venture and experience lead to our current growth since 2000 in Texas, Louisiana, and Arkansas. We have purchased & sold self-storage properties. We have developed and managed the construction of new self-storage properties. We have converted existing real estate into state-of-the-art self-storage facilities. We provide property management for these self-storage properties as well.
Currently, we operate:
- Cubby Hole Louisiana 1 – Shreveport, LA
- Cubby Hole Louisiana 2 – Bossier City, LA
- Cubby Hole Louisiana 3 – Shreveport, LA
- Cubby Hole Texas 2 – Bryan, TX
- Lock Box East – Longview, TX
- Cubby Hole USA 1 – Texarkana/Wake Village, TX
Our facilities consist of almost 500,000 rentable square feet of storage, almost 7,000 square feet of retail space and almost 4,000 Cubby Hole units. Our plans are to continue growing into the future mainly focused in Texas, Louisiana, and Arkansas with new developments and acquisitions as well as with the expansion of our existing developments.
Truck Usage Rules
Many Cubby Hole locations have a 15′ to 17′ box truck that can be used when moving into your Cubby Hole unit. There are a few rules, that if followed, will make the truck usage FREE and all you have to do is pay for the gas you use.
- The tenant may use truck 1 time per unit and only to move into your unit.
- The tenant must provide a valid driver’s license & proof of liability insurance.
- The tenant must provide a $40 to $100 CASH deposit. The amount varies per location.
- The tenant must return truck full of fuel and provide a receipt for fuel purchase or forfeit the deposit in full.
- The vehicle may not leave a 50-mile radius from the facility.
- Time limits:
- 2 hours use for a 5×15 and smaller unit
- 3 hours use for 10×10 or 10×12 unit
- 4 hours use for 10×15 or 10×20 unit
- 5 hours use for 10×25 or 12×20 unit
- 6 hours use for 10×30, 16×20 and larger units
- Excess time is prohibited. Any excess time will be charged at $25.00 per hour, plus tax.
- Fifty (50) free miles. All mileage in excess of fifty is at a cost of $.59 per mile, plus tax.
- All equipment must be returned at the time truck is returned or the entire deposit will be forfeited.
- The customer is responsible for the replacement of all damaged and/or missing equipment.
- Truck and equipment must be returned clean and ready for the next customer. A $40.00 cleaning will apply if not cleaned.
The CASH deposit will be returned if the above rules have been followed.
COMPREHENSIVE/COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER NOTICE: The customer is responsible for all collision damage resulting from insufficient height or width clearances and the first $2,500.00 of ANY loss. The deductible can be reduced to $1,000.00 for payment of a charge of $25.00 at the time of rental.
This page is for information purposes only. Terms and conditions of actual Loan Agreement shall govern in the event of a discrepancy.
Helpful Hints for Storage Customers
- Plan your Cubby Hole. Place those items that you may need access to often in the front. Allow for walkways.
- Make up an inventory of your stored items and keep them in a safe place at home or safe deposit box.
- Place your storage items on 2×4 boards or on pallets to guard against dampness. Any concrete floor may become cold and damp.
- CAUTION: Do not store anything combustible (i.e. paint thinner, gasoline, solvents, paint, etc.).
- Use uniform size boxes for easy stacking. Remember to fill boxes completely, stuffing open areas with newspaper to prevent collapsing when stacked. Be sure your boxes are strong enough to hold 24 lbs. to 30 lbs. (It is best not to put too much in each box.) Boxes available at the office.
- List the contents of boxes on all four sides. Number the boxes, seal them with tape. Tape and markers available at the office.
- Stack lighter boxes on top of heavier boxes.
- Dishes and glasses should be wrapped in paper and packed in sturdy boxes. Stack them on top.
- Pictures and mirrors should be wrapped in cardboard, marked “Fragile” and stacked on end.
- Furniture with drawers can be utilized as storage places for pictures, knick-knacks, china, silverware, small items, etc. Wrap them in tablecloths, towels or blankets, bubble wrap or newspaper to prevent breakage.
- Larger appliances make excellent “packing cases” for blankets, towels, tablecloths, and cloths.
- Shovels, hoes, rakes, and hoses can be stored together in empty trash cans. Stack extra cans inside one another.
- Tables having removable legs should be “broken down” to save space.
- Sofas and love seats can be stored on end to save floor space. Always place a protective cover under the item on the concrete. Cushions should be wrapped in plastic and placed on top.
- Cover stuffed furniture with cardboard or blankets to protect against dust. Covers and tarps available at the office.
- If you stand mattresses on their side, prop them up so they stand straight. They may tend to bend out of shape and become lumpy. Mattress covers available at the office.
- Rent the smallest unit you need to pack the space full.
- Prepare your Cubby Hole by placing a protective cover on the floor under your goods.
- Do not place heavy or sharp objects on top of upholstered furniture.
- Use a good quality disc lock on your door. Cheap locks rust and do not provide good security. Disc locks available at the office.
- Always, for proper credit, put unit number on checks when paying. Always get and keep a receipt.
- You must give 10 days prior written notice of your intent to vacate, leave the unit broom clean, remove your lock and notify us in writing when you are done, or you will forfeit your deposit and be charged rent and other fees. Advise the office in writing of any change in your address, email or phone number.
- We are not liable to you for any damage or loss to your stored goods in accordance with the terms of the Rental Agreement. You must obtain your own insurance (available at the office) or bear the risk of damage or loss.
- 24 Hour Digitally Recorded Video
- 24 Hour Office Alarm Monitoring
- Computerized Access Gates & Systems
- Individual Multi-Digit Entry Codes
- Keypad Activated Door Knobs for Interior Hallways
- 6′ Perimeter Fencing and Fortress Style Facilities
- Brightly Lit Hallways
- Motion Sensor Exterior Lighting
- Kings III Emergency Phone System
- Insomniac Kiosk Payment Systems
- High-Quality Disc Type Padlocks for Sale at Office – Priced for Affordability
- Padlock Tamper Detection Sticker System
- Routine Site Inspections by On-Site Management
- Safemove Damage Protection for U-Haul U-Move Customers
- Local Police Dog Training
- Customer Storage Insurance Available
- Availability of Items May Vary*
Your best personal security is …..
- High-Quality Padlock
- Check Your Unit Frequently
- Customer Storage Insurance
- Inventory Your Stored Items
- Keep Access Information Confidential
|Security Vendor Partners|
|DigiGate 700 by Access
|Sitelink by SMD Software|
|AutoGate, Inc.||Kings III Emergency Communications|
|Deans & Homer||U-Haul|
|Insomniac Kiosk by
|DIVAR & Security Camera Systems by
Bousch & Samsung
|Ajay Equipment Corporation||SafeStor by Republic Western|
No representations of safety or security have been made herein or by any associated businesses, agents or individuals identified herein. Tenant is solely responsible for any loss or damage to any property stored in or transported to or from tenant’s space regardless of ownership and regardless of cause or fault. Tenant must self insure all property or obtain appropriate insurance.