COVID-19 Safety Updates
At Cubby Hole USA, there is nothing more important than the safety of our customers. As of now, all six of our storage facilities are made accessible to provide a necessary service to our local consumers and businesses. In order to maintain transparency as well as a safe environment for all who choose to visit our six facilities, we are actively adjusting our practices to reflect the City, State and Federal guidelines. We are conducting our business operations as intended by reliable government bureaus such as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
As recommended by the CDC, we have taken this opportunity to update our COVID-19 preparedness, response and control plans. Our safety precautions necessitate a plan that is specific to our storage facilities, identifies our on-site offices and our employees’ job tasks that can potentially cause COVID-19 exposure, and includes measures to eliminate or reduce these instances. You can find the latest updates by our storage facilities below which have been put in place to prevent the transmission of this virus among employees, maintain safe business operations and to maintain a healthy work environment.
The Louisiana governor has lifted the mask mandate, which had expired at the end of April 2021. The governor has stated that individual businesses and local governments could still hold a mask requirement and that decision left up to the business owner or local agency. In Louisiana, we will now change our policy from requiring all patrons to wear a mask to recommending anyone who enters our office to wear a mask. However, we will have masks and hand sanitizer available for both customer use and employee use. We will continue to have a table in front of our office with masks and hand sanitizer for anyone who needs it. We will also be actively practicing our social distancing between employees and customers. We will continue to follow our cleaning regiment inside and outside the property to provide as safe of a place as possible for our staff and customers. Our restrooms are now available for public use.
The Texas governor has lifted all mask and social distancing restrictions. The state has returned to being fully open. In Texas, we will now change our policy from requiring all patrons to wear a mask to recommending anyone who enters our office to wear a mask. However, we will have masks and hand sanitizer available for both customer use and employee use. We will continue to have a table in front of our office with masks and hand sanitizer for anyone who needs it. We will also be actively practicing our social distancing between employees and customers. We will continue to follow our cleaning regiment inside and outside the property to provide as safe of a place as possible for our staff and customers. Our restrooms are now available for public use.
Each of our six locations have been properly instructed to wear masks while on-premise. We are actively keeping our peers in check by ensuring that proper face coverings are worn in public settings where social distancing measures are difficult to adhere to. Although they are no longer required at our storage facilities, we will have additional masks for guests who arrive without one. During this time, all Cubby Hole employees will be donning protective masks as we do not consider this a replacement for social distancing.
During this time, we have enacted a social distancing policy for all bodies present on-site which requires everyone to maintain a six feet distance between customers as well as employees. We will also be limiting the number of people in the office to 10 persons at all times to allow room for optimal social distancing. There will be other new practices put in place to ensure that all is being done to maintain a safe environment, which we’ll go into further depth below.
While we abide by the social distancing guidelines, we will try to be as flexible as possible in order to accommodate all of our customer’s needs as we do our best to protect everyone at our facilities. For this reason, we thank our customers for their cooperation and patience during these trying times.
Health and Safety Measures at Cubby Hole USA
Cubby Hole USA has made changes on-site to improve all of our chances at reducing the spread of the COVID-19 virus. By making these improvements we are providing our customers and employees with a space in which they can feel safe conducting business. These are the practices that we have adopted across all six of our facilities:
Front Desk/Sales Counter Area
- The sales counters are to be disinfected after each customer interaction. These surfaces will be periodically wiped down regardless of a customer’s presence.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available at our offices for employees and customers.
- All items will be removed from the sales counter to avoid unnecessary transmission
- ONE brochure with a price list will be present on the counter at a time.
- ONE pen will be provided at a time
- Customers will take the pen with them as they leave the counter
- While showing storage units, employees are to abide by social distancing policies and keep apart by six feet as best as possible.
- Reduction in paperwork given to customers.
- Online and phone payments are highly recommended for minimal contact.
- Mass mailings have been reduced in place of electronic communications when possible.
- No more than 10 people will be permitted in the office.
- Each office is limited to three customer “groups” with a maximum of 10 people total in the office at one time.
- Additional persons will be asked to wait outside if the office is at max capacity.
Additional Employee Safety Measures
- Employees must observe proper hygiene which includes regular hand-washing throughout the day as instructed by employers.
- Cubby Hole USA asks that all employees pay close attention to their health.
- Employees experiencing any signs of a fever, shortness of breath, or cough are asked to remain home to rest and recover.
Cubby Hole USA would like to thank you for being a loyal customer and for trusting us with your storage needs. We will continue to improve upon our current methods to further protect each other during this global crisis.